Search This Blog

Monday 18 July 2011

Bread Pizza, Different Type Bread Pizza, Bread Pizza Recipes

            This is a dish I used to make even as a kid in India. When I was growing up pizza was not as easily available in India as it is now. To satisfy my pizza cravings I would pile up some toppings on a slice of bread; sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for a few minutes. Voila! My very own personalized pizza was ready. I made it last night and it was a hit.

Ingredients:

  1. Bread slices  4, crust removed
  2. Cooked sausage  1, chopped
  3. Mushrooms  cup, chopped
  4. Tomato  1, chopped
  5. Cheese grated  cup
  6. Butter

Method:

Butter the bread and arrange the toppings as desired. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 375O for 5 min.



Notes:
 

I used homemade brown bread. The bread was a little dense and holds up well when piled with toppings. If using sandwich bread I would suggest using one which is a couple of days old. It would have less moisture in it than fresh bread.  

I sliced the bread fairly thin to create a thin crust feel. It was nice and crunchy.

For toppings you can use just about anything you like. I used to use leftover curries too as toppings on my pizza. 

It is a nice way to use leftovers and fun for the kids to assemble their own special pizza. Lay out all the ingredients in an assembly line and let everyone choose their toppings. My 2 year old loves to help me in the kitchen and he had fun last night putting together his pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter

free counters